- Serves: 10 People
- Prep Time: 00:45
- Calories: 349
- Difficulty: medium
If you want to add more lacto ovo vegetarian recipes to your collection, Almond and cranberry shortbread might be a recipe you should try. This recipe serves 10 and costs 62 cents per serving. This dessert has 349 calories, 5g of protein, and 21g of fat per serving. 7 people have tried and liked this recipe. If you have cranberries, icing sugar, lemon juice, and a few other ingredients on hand, you can make it. From preparation to the plate, this recipe takes roughly roughly 45 minutes. It is brought to you by Foodista. Taking all factors into account, this recipe earns a spoonacular score of 23%, which is not so super. Similar recipes include Cranberry-Almond Shortbread, Cranberry Almond Shortbread Bars, and Cranberry Shortbread Bars with Almond Streusel.
- Cream the butter for about 5 minutes until fluffy.
- Add powdered sugar, continue beating until the mixture is shiny and smooth.
- Add the yolks and lemon juice and whisk until fully incorporated.
- Mix flour and almonds and gradually add to the butter mixture.
- Mix until the doug has consistency of a thick paste. Do not overmix (too much mixing makes the cookies hard).
- Add dried cranberries by kneading by hand.
- Divide the dough into two equal parts, shape each part into a 20-22 cm long roll.
- Roll each of the rolls in chopped almonds and/ or pistachios sprinkled over two aluminum sheets long enough to wrap the roll of dough. With fingers lightly press the roll towards the center to remove any air bubbles or cracks from the dough.
- Wrap each roll in foil, twist the ends and place in the refrigerator for several hours, preferably overnight.
- Remove foil from a roll of dough (keep the other cool until use) and place on a cutting board. With a large, sharp knife cut the roll into 5-6 mm wide slices.
- Place the slices well apart, on a baking sheet covered with parchment paper.
- Bake the cookies in the oven preheated to 180C for about 12 min (be careful not to burn them).
- Let them cool on the sheet for about 5 minutes, then transfer to a rack or a plate to cool fully. Repeat with the second roll of dough.
- Store the cookies in an airtight container
You may also like