- Serves: 2 People
- Prep Time: 1:00
- Calories: 576
- Difficulty: medium
Herb and Cheddar Cordon Bleu might be just the main course you are searching for. This recipe makes 2 servings with 576 calories, 47g of protein, and 21g of fat each. For $2.83 per serving, this recipe covers 33% of your daily requirements of vitamins and minerals. If you have breadcrumbs, flour, chicken breasts, and a few other ingredients on hand, you can make it. To use up the flour you could follow this main course with the Apple Tart with Caramel Sauce as a dessert. From preparation to the plate, this recipe takes approximately 1 hour. Try Chicken Cordon Bleu, Chicken Cordon Bleu, and Cordon Bleu Casserole for similar recipes.
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees F (about 176 degrees C).
- Put the chicken breasts between two slices of wax paper and flatten with a rolling pin or meat mallet until they are about a quarter of an inch thick.
- Place a slice of ham and a slice of cheddar on each chicken breast.
- Roll the chicken breast as tightly as possible. If necessary, secure the rolls with toothpicks or small skewers.Beat an egg in a shallow baking dish. Arrange two other "stations" using foil or other dishes, one for the flour and another for the dried herbs and breadcrumbs. Cover the rolled chicken breasts in flour, then dip them into the egg mixture. Finally, press them into the mixture of dried herbs and breadcrumbs until they are covered on all sides.
- Place the chicken in an oiled (or buttered) baking dish and bake for about 30 minutes
You may also like