- Serves: 24 People
- Prep Time: 00:45
- Calories: 395
- Difficulty: medium
The recipe Honeyed Bacon' Baklava could satisfy your middl eastern craving in about about 45 minutes. This recipe serves 24. One portion of this dish contains approximately 8g of protein, 30g of fat, and a total of 395 calories. For $1.81 per serving, this recipe covers 6% of your daily requirements of vitamins and minerals. This recipe from Foodista requires walnuts, sugar, ground cinnamon, and bacon. 11 person have made this recipe and would make it again. Overall, this recipe earns a rather bad spoonacular score of 19%. Bacon Baklava, Honeyed Olives, and Honeyed Chicken are very similar to this recipe.
- In large bowl of food processor, add walnuts, bacon, sugar, and cinnamon. Pulse until walnuts and bacon are chopped; set aside. (Be sure to fry the bacon to a crispy stage. Then it will chop up finely and evenly.)
- Cut phyllo into 13" by 9" rectangles. In greased 13" by 9" baking dish, place 1 phyllo sheet; brush with melted butter. Repeat with phyllo and butter to make 5 more layers, overlapping any small strips of phyllo to make rectangles, if necessary.
- Over phyllo in baking dish, sprinkle 1 cup walnut mixture.
- Repeat steps 2 and 3 to make 3 more layers (4 layers total).
- Place remaining phyllo on top of last walnut layer; brush with butter.
- With sharp knife, cut just halfway through layers in triangle or diamond pattern.
- Bake in 300 degree oven for 1 hour and 25 minutes or until top is golden brown.
- In small saucepan over medium-low heat, heat honey until hot but not boiling. Evenly spoon hot honey over hot baklava.
- Cool Baklava in dish on wire rack at least 1 hour; cover with foil and let stand at room temperature until serving.
- To serve, finish cutting, with a sharp knife, through layers to make triangles or diamonds
You may also like