- Serves: 4 People
- Prep Time: 00:30
- Calories: 238.81
- Difficulty: medium
Forget going out to eat or ordering takeout every time you crave Vietnamese food. Try making Vietnamese Bronze Featherback Fish Cake at home. For $1.92 per serving, this recipe covers 15% of your daily requirements of vitamins and minerals. One portion of this dish contains approximately 17g of protein, 15g of fat, and a total of 239 calories. This recipe serves 4. Head to the store and pick up fish, fresh dill, black pepper, and a few other things to make it today. It is a good option if you're following a gluten free, dairy free, and pescatarian diet. From preparation to the plate, this recipe takes approximately 30 minutes. It is brought to you by spoonacular user hoangthvan. Try Vietnamese Fish Tacos, Vietnamese Fish Tacos, and Ca Kho to (Vietnamese Fish in Caramel Sauce) for similar recipes.
- Prepare the ingredients.
- Finely chop shallots, garlic, white stems of scallions; chop dill into small pieces.
- Apply some cooking oil on the mortar then add featherback fish.
- Add shallots, garlic, white stems of scallions, dill, ground black pepper, seasoning powder into the mortar and mix well. You can use hands to knead the fish paste until combined well. The more you knead, the more chewy the fish cake will be. After kneading, smear the fish paste with a pestle or spoon in about 10 minutes.
- Add fish sauce and continue smearing in 5 minutes. When adding fish sauce, fish paste can be crumbled a bit, but no worry! Fish paste will be chewy again after being smeared again.
- Add 1 spoon of cooking oil into the mortar (to make fish soft when fried). Continue smearing. Total time for smearing should be 20 minutes to have delicious fish paste. You can mix all ingredients and smear in 10 minutes if you don't have much time. You can use a powder mixer (or food processor) to puree but it won't be as chewy as done by hand. When you're done with pureeing, fish is OK when it turns white.
- Store the fish paste in plastic bags, big or small as desired. Use a cutting board to press hard and push out evenly to 4 corners. It should be 1-1.2 cm thick to be good when fried.
- You can fry the whole piece, or cut into smaller pieces or shape in balls as desired. Or store separated parts in freezer to cook later
You may also like