- Serves: 6 People
- Prep Time: 00:10
- Calories: 307.6
- Difficulty: medium
If you have about 10 minutes to spend in the kitchen, Weekly Special might be a super gluten free and dairy free recipe to try. For 58 cents per serving, you get a side dish that serves 6. One portion of this dish contains about 9g of protein, 10g of fat, and a total of 308 calories. 1 person were glad they tried this recipe. This recipe from Magic Skillet requires rice, onion, pepper, and salt. All things considered, we decided this recipe deserves a spoonacular score of 0%. This score is very bad (but still fixable). 4-H Corn Special, The Hemingway Special, and Joe’s Special are very similar to this recipe.
- Place the bacon in a small saucepan. Cook over medium heat until crisp.
- Add onion and continue cooking and stirring until softened, for a further 5 minutes.
- Remove cooked bacon, fat, and onions from the pan and transfer to a slow cooker.
- Add crushed red pepper, peas, then pour in 4 cups (1 L) water and stir well to combine.
- Cover the pot and cook on low-heat setting for 3-4 hours or until peas are tender.
- Stir in uncooked long-grain rice. Season with salt. Cover the pot and continue cooking until rice is tender and absorbed all liquid, for about 1-1½ hours.
- Sprinkle with chopped green onions.
- Serve hot
You may also like